Between the simplicity of Microsoft Paint and the power of Photoshopthere are many possible varieties of image editors. RealWorld Paint is one of them.
This tool lets you create an image from scratch or edit one of your images in an intuitive interface. The program is easy enough to use like any other Paint-like application, but also has some powerful features that you normally don't find in other free graphic editors.
Among the features included in RealWorld Paint you'll find support for layers and masks – just like Photoshop - and a bunch of special effects and filters, image blending, support for gradients and shadows and more, besides the basic drawing and retouching tools. RealWorld Paint may not offer the same array of options you find in professional graphic suites, but it's still a surprising selection of tools for a free editor.
RealWorld Paint has also support for scanners and lets you import images from the clipboard or take a snapshot of your desktop to start working on it.
RealWorld Paint is a free image editor with support for layers, masks and various effects that lets you can create your own drawings and also edit photos.
- Animation editor with layers and zero-config GIF optimizer
- Photo-related tools (red eye remover, clone tool, crop tool) from RW Photos
- Command line interface for drawing tools
- Image brush
- Redesigned Online page with news and downloadable media
- Automated updates
- Many new photo-related image filters from RW Photos
- Redesigned codec subsystem. Can import and export layered images in .psd, .xcf, and .pdn formats
- Some layer styles from Photoshop files are imported and converted to RealWorld styles
- Improved layer styles editor
- ...and many minor improvements